Monday, November 2, 2009

Do We Still Need...

No Smoking Signs? I look around and I see no smoking signs posted everywhere, as if people were threatening to smoke at every turn, regardless of the location. I thought people got it: You can't smoke anywhere that's not outdoors, and even then, think twice. Do we still need signs all over Penn Station - underground - that tell you that it's not OK to smoke while waiting for your train? Anyone who's gonna smoke there probably needs to be reminded not to just shit and piss anywhere they like. Do we need no shitting signs? "Excuse me, sir, I've noticed you just dropped a deuce in the middle of the Applebee's foyer. Did you not notice the 'No Shitting Sign'?" I guess it's a precaution so everyone is accountable for their actions, but I'm just sick of seeing them. You can't smoke anywhere indoors. Just don't do it. That being said, I was able to kill a man in the public library yesterday because there wasn't a 'No Murder' sign.

To tell people to vote? This is so fucking annoying to me, for some reason. "Make sure you vote!" "Don't forget to vote!" Sure, it would be nice if everyone voted, but it's not like people are forgetting they can - they just don't give a shit. Instead of telling people that they should vote, I think a better option is to say, "Give a shit!"

To say, "Tomorrow is another day"? Of course it is. Even if your dead, tomorrow is still another day, just not for you.

Food? I've been harping on this for a long, long time now, the fact that we can put a man on the moon but we still have to shovel food into our mouths three times a day. Where is the pill? The one that you take once in the morning and then you don't have to eat for the rest of the day. You're good, you're set. Then, instead of taking the time to eat, you can sing a song - cuz you can't fucking sing with food in your mouth! RIGHT!?!?

Yemen? What has this place given us?

False Idols? This should have stopped with the Golden Calf, but no, it hasn't. More and more pop up every day and it's depressing. I would question the need for regular idols, but they may still be relevant.

Laughter? Just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/world/middleeast/01yemen.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=yemen&st=cse

    Yemen is the funnest drought stricken nation on Earth

    ReplyDelete