Sunday, January 3, 2010

How You Gonna Make Your Way in the World Woman, When You Weren't Cut Out For Working?

Just thought I'd say that there's never too much you can say about loneliness. How many people can say that they've never experienced it? Only the truly lucky.

But then again, are these people truly lucky? In many ways - the most important ways - they are. They never want and they never are without. I imagine these people loving. Loving family, friends, and lovers completely, and these people loving them back.

I hope - and immediately I don't hope - that those contributing here are lonely. I laugh, because I guess it's not really possible to never be lonely. But I'm not talking about occasional melancholy. I'm talking about a deep down incurable loneliness.

I do what I do to try and move around this feeling. I will probably love and have a family and be extremely happy. That's what I want and there's really no doubt that I will have it, in some form. Even so, I'll always be lonely. Because it is in the moments of my loneliness I find that I am truly happy. In these moments I can revel in who I am and it is in these moments when I find I am willing to give more to others than I am to myself.

There are many things that make an artist. For me, loneliness is one of them. I couldn't create without it.

Then again, all I want is some one to scratch my back and look after me.

Woe is me.

And there you have it.

NOTE: LISTENED TO THESE SONGS WHILE WRITING THIS:

"People Ain't No Good" - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. It's loneliness.

"Prelude To 110 or 120 - Women" - Jim O'Rourke [Ha! Side note that this is the best response to a Dylan song that I have ever heard - and it only takes Jim one line and a riff. Jim O'Rourke: UNDERRATED. By far, one of our best. Eureka andInsignificance take pop and INDIE MUSIC to a place most people don't realize it can go.]

"Accidentally Like A Martyr" - Warren Zevon [didn't really listen to this song while writing this, thought I'd just make this post longer - hahaha, oh man, no, seriously, no, if you haven't explored Warren Zevon (Tuan, I'm looking at you, kid. This is the guy that everyone should know and love. No one wrote a song like he did. No one. His songs are perfect. They are the kind of songs I'd kill to write. That may not necessarily mean much, but I'd kill to hear them. And that means a lot.) then you seriously should. Especially if you like to drink and love. Drinking While Loving, Loving While Drinking. DWL, LWD.]

No comments:

Post a Comment