Monday, March 15, 2010

PRECIOUS

Watched Precious: Based on the Novel Push By Sapphire last night. Great film, all around. It was also not what I expected. What did I expect? I'm not quite sure, but Precious was far more fantastical a film, and more sweeping in scope and execution, then I thought it would.

All the performances were great, especially Gabourey Sibide - classic.

But, the best part of the film is its title. Here are some variations:

Novel: Precious Based on the Sapphire By Push

Sapphire: Push Based on the Precious By Novel

Based: Sapphire Push on the Novel by Precious

Push: On the Novel Based by Sapphire Precious

Sapphire Based on the Precious Push: Novel

OK OK, I could do this all day - and I think I did yesterday. Anyways, if you felt any reservations about seeing Precious for any reason, don't. One of the best of the past year. All praise deserved.

2 comments:

  1. I still don't know what it's about based on this review.. or why I should see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well whoever you are - show urself! And I'm not trying to get you to see it, nor tell you what it's about. Do that on ur own.

    ReplyDelete