Thursday, December 16, 2010

Calling 12 of the top 20 Albums of the Year, Pitchfork

The much anticipated and venerated Pitchfork Top 50 Albums of 2010 will be complete tomorrow, and I'm going to call what I think will be the top 12. If you want a piece of the action, let me know: the over/under is 7.

12) Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind EP
11) Vampire Weekend - Contra
10) Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
9) LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
8) Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
7) Beach House - Teen Dream
6) Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me
5) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
4) Big Boi - Sir Lucious...
3) Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
2) Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
1) Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

And there you have it. I'm pretty confident, but who knows, I could be straight smoked. Animal Collective, even though it's an EP seems high. Top three - I'm confident on those picks, and Kanye has to be one since he received a 10.0.

(this is stupid)

Click to see Pitchfork's list HERE.

Bolded means it was in the top 12, and bolded and italicized means I guessed the correct position.

12) Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind EP
11) Vampire Weekend - Contra
10) Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
9) LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening
8) Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
7) Beach House - Teen Dream
6) Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me
5) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
4) Big Boi - Sir Lucious...
3) Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
2) Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
1) Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

10 outta 12! Hope everyone took the over!

Surprised Flying Lotus didn't crack the top 10, let alone the top 12. Seemed like there was a lot of buzz on that one. Also, thought Ariel Pink would've been higher.

I'll never get the supreme love of Beach House - they're OK, but kind of a snoozefest.

Always underestimate the sway that LCD Soundsystem has...I believe that's two #2 albums on the Pitch4k year end album list. I didn't think this was as powerful as Sound of Silver.



So does this mean that I'm a genius, or that Pitchfork is just predictable? Or was it easy to guess based upon the rankings they gave these albums in the past year?!??! Maybe a combination of all three, that's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment