Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't Forget Me

There needs to be a power amongst people of youth. I'm only 24 and I feel like I'm slipping away. There needs to be the fire in eyes, and I don't see it. I see the kids my age taking a lot of pictures, flaunting them on Facebook. The pictures of food, of parties - is there nothing that we can capture that is of worth? Vegan food?

I recently read an article about the Peace Corps, wished to join it, and knew immediately that I am too cowardly to join. So be it. But I feel, wish, and hope that I can make a difference down the line.

I think we need to call it back to art and the community of art. Where is there a community? I may not be in the know or connected to the pulse or in the heart of it, but I've been around these communities, man, and these communities ain't nothing but shit. It's all outfits. I've seen it. I've been drunk and around and I find myself silent. I find myself out, looking, wishing for another drink. Is the next drink the answer? If it is, I am a community of one: when you drink, drink for that last one and never waste a living minute to get it.

No, this shit cannot stand. If someone is fashionably drunk again I'll drink two shots for him. If you're wasted and you pose, I will drink two to out pose you, doubly. Come on. Let it stand. Everyone is too educated. I never learned anything from a book that I didn't learn from a bottle and I'd never learn anything if I didn't read a book. I've got a ringing in my ears that I can only hope to drink into silence.

There is music from every era that can make me cry. There is only one love that makes me move, and it is a person. Let's all try and move towards that love. That's a community I'll get behind. Nothing cosmic, nothing political. Ask her out. Ask him out! And be real. Isn't that the only way you can get a date?


Email me at danielgrgas@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment