Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Music

There's nothing quite like that first day when the weather's really, truly Spring. Spring has sprung, my friends: today is that day. And this weather always goes great with music, especially those tunes that pop and make ya feel great, like storming the ramparts or running around or falling in love.

By chance, I found a jam that I need to share. I was listening to a podcast on All Songs Considered where Noah Lennox aka Panda Bear was playing guest DJ. He chose this song "How You Satisfy Me" and it appears in the dictionary as the definition of "bring in the spring song".


I can't get over that organ. What a hook. And the lyric nails what I really love about a good lyric:

1) Simplicty.
2) Directness.
3) About getting/trying to get love.

So crack upon a brew, drink outside, and watch the skirts. To Spring!

2 comments:

  1. I always like a song with a good melody and this song lacks that. But you're right about spring, music, brew and skirts (sorry honey). Nothing beats that combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this song has a great melody, Dad. It's just more hidden than maybe you're used to.

    ReplyDelete